Lincoln and Eighth Streets
The City of Stockton will be constructing a roundabout where there is currently a 4-way stop at Lincoln Street and Eighth Street. Construction will begin on Thursday, April 13, 2023.
The project includes converting the four-way stop into a roundabout, upgrading sidewalk corners to American Disabilities Act standards and installing interconnected Point-Tilt-Zoom camera, street lighting, rectangular rapid beacons, signing, and striping.
Construction will be phased as follows:
Start Date: April 13, 2023
- Phase 1: Reconstruct all four sidewalk corners with temporary lane closures during work hours (April 13 to mid-May)
- Phase 2: Construct center island of roundabout and repave intersection with full 24/7 intersection closure (mid-May to early June)
- Phase 3: Construct splitter islands with full intersection closure during work hours (early to mid-June)
Anticipated Completion Date: June 30, 2023
Virtual Open House
Please watch the informational video about the Lincoln & Eighth Street Roundabout.
A project mailer was sent to residents in the Lincoln and Eighth Street area with information about the virtual open house.
There are many changes being made that will improve traffic and safety at this intersection, including:
- constructing the roundabout and reducing vehicle lanes from four to two on Eighth Street;
- improving sidewalks and reconstructing curb ramps to meet ADA standards;
- creating high visibility crosswalks with flashing signs;
- installing raised medians and new islands; and
- making connections to bike lanes that will be part of a future project.
Roundabouts offer the following benefits:
- reduce congestion and improve mobility for vehicles, bikes, and pedestrians;
- make travel more efficient by reducing stop-and-go traffic;
- improve air quality as cars burn less fuel (more fuel is used by cars in stop-and-go traffic); and
- enhance safety for all modes of transportation - vehicles, bikes and pedestrians.
This project is funded through the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 4/13/2023