Sperry Road Extension
The Sperry Road Extension Project provides:
- one mile of new elevated roadway between Performance Drive and French Camp Road
- and a direct route from I-5 to Stockton's Metropolitan Airport.
This project includes:
- a raised median and sidewalk on the south side for pedestrian and bicycle use,
- construction of five new bridges over French Camp Slough, El Dorado Street, McKinley Avenue, and three Union Pacific Railroad tracks,
- reconstruction of Performance Drive and Sperry Road using concrete pavement and installation of traffic signal, and
- a portion of Sperry Road (at east end of project area) realigned to provide surface access to McKinley Avenue near the west end of the project area.
For more information, please see the Project Map below.
Project construction began on September 1, 2011. The new elevated roadway was opened to traffic on December 19, 2013.
Contractor is currently completing minor punch list work.
Project Funding - Construction Phase
This project is being funded by Measure K (one-half cent, voter-approved sales tax), State Proposition 1B Grant, Trade Corridor Improvements Fund, and local funds (City of Stockton and San Joaquin County). The City General Fund provides no funding for this project.
|Measure K (County)||$2,000,000||5%|
|Measure K Congestion Relief (County||$845,000||2%|
|Measure K Renewal||$6,320,000||16%|
|San Joaquin County||$1,500,000||4%|
|City of Stockton||$5,135,000||13%|
|Prop. 1B (Trade Corridor Improvement Fund)||$23,700,000||60%|
Project Contact Information
For additional information, contact the Project Hotline.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/24/2014