Road/Street Closures & Detours
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Slow for the Cone Zone.
All work below is scheduled to begin as listed but subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment/materials, and construction-related issues.
Interstate 5 (I-5) Construction and Road Closures
I-5/French Camp Road Interchange Reconstruction
To accommodate work required for reconstruction of the I-5/French Camp Road Interchange the following partial road CLOSURES will be in place Wednesday, October 02, 2014:
French Camp Road (Local Road):
Construction activities both directions on French Camp Road will result in partial road closures, with open two-way traffic from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Sign detours during the road closures will direct traffic to the next available on ramps/off ramps for I-5.
- One lane between 1/4 mile prior to French Camp Road off-ramp to Downing Avenue off-ramp closed from 8:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Two lanes between 1/4 mile prior to French Camp Road off-ramp to Downing Avenue off-ramp closed from 12:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m.
- On-ramp and loop on-ramp from French Camp Road to I-5 closed from 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Off-ramp from I-5 to French Camp Road closed from 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Off-ramp from I-5 to Downing Ave Off Ramp closed from 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- One lane between Downing Avenue on-ramp to 1/4 mile past French Camp Road off-ramp closed from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Two lanes between Downing Avenue on-ramp to 1/4 mile past French Camp Road off-ramp closed from 11:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m.
- Off-ramp to French Camp Road closed from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
- On-ramp and loop on-ramp from French Camp Road to I-5 closed from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
- On-ramp from Downing Ave to I-5 closed from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
I-5/French Camp Road Interchange
Beginning December 12, 2013, traffic on French Camp Road will switch over to a newly constructed configuration. A portion of Val Dervin Parkway (between French Camp Road and Frank West Circle) will be closed permanently.
Access to Frank West Circle will be rerouted to the new intersection of Frank West Circle and French Camp Road. Access to all businesses on Frank West Circle will be maintained throughout reconstruction of the interchange. See map explaining new access route to businesses on Frank West Circle after October 1, 2013.
I-5/Swain Road Interchange
Caltrans has closed Swain Road (under I-5) due to I-5 lane expansion. For more information about this road closure, please contact Caltrans using the external link below.
I-5/French Camp Road Interchange
A new Traffic Handling Plan has been implemented on French Camp Road under the I-5 Bridge Undercrossing to accommodate reconstruction work of the I-5/French Camp Road Interchange. Eastbound and westbound traffic access remains open for public use during construction.
Beginning April 25, 2013, the inside #1 lane on the northbound off-ramp at the interchange and the inside #1 lane on the southbound off-ramp will also be closed indefinitely. At least one lane at each off-ramp will be open at all times. Please read this Traffic Advisory.
Interstates and State Routes
In August 2011, Caltrans began extensive work on sections of I-5 and other State Routes in Stockton. Information about Caltrans projects can be found on the Caltrans District 10 website (see External Links below.)
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 10/2/2014