In the City of Stockton, Multi-Family Units (MFU) are defined as four or more housing units build under one roofing structure. The purpose of the Multi-Family Units (MFU) Recycling Program is to educate, raise awareness, and increase recycling of residents living in Multi-Family Units, with the goal to reduce waste from the landfills and to conserve more material for recycling.
Currently, recycling at Multi-Family Units is minimal and on-site inspections and discussions with property managers and owners revealed a need to:
- educate residents to build awareness
- provide information about contaminated recycling
- provide additional space for recycling containers
- provide incentives for residents to recycle
- provide information in multiple languages
- help reduce recycling scavengers
The MFU Recycling Program offers property managers and owners assistance with recycling by providing:
- effective and multi-language educational materials, including brochures, "How To" handouts and children literature
- recycling containers and bags for residents
- provide posters, banners and other promotional material
- promotional events to reach out and educate residents
- consultations on how to start a recycling program
The Solid Waste & Recycling Division of the City's Public Works Department is responsible for implementing, monitoring and tracking this new program. The City's franchised waste haulers, Allied Waste and Waste Management, are partners with the City to provide expertise, education and public outreach.
Please contact us for more information about the Multi-Family Unit Recycling Program. We are here to help! Contact Us.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/1/2013