In the City of Stockton, Multi-Family Units (MFU) are defined as four or more housing units built under one roofing structure. The MFU Recycling Program works to educate and increase recycling by residents in these units, to reduce waste to the landfills and conserve more for recycling.
Recycling at these units is minimal,and on-site inspections and discussions with property managers and owners reveal a need to:
- educate residents in multiple languages to build awareness,
- provide information about contaminated recycling,
- provide additional space for recycling containers,
- provide incentives to recycle, and
- help reduce recycling scavengers.
The MFU Recycling Program offers property managers and owners assistance with recycling with:
- effective, multi-language educational materials, including brochures, "How To" handouts, and children;s literature,
- recycling containers and bags for residents,
- posters, banners, and other promotional material,
- promotional events to help educate residents, and
- consultations on how to start a recycling program.
The Solid Waste & Recycling Division of the City's Public Works Department is responsible for implementing and tracking this new program. The City's franchised waste haulers, Allied Waste and Waste Management, partner with the City to provide education and public outreach.
Please Contact Us for more information about the Multi-Family Unit Recycling Program.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/30/2015