The Clean Sweep program is Stockton's annual clean up program for residents living in single-family homes, duplexes or triplexes. The program runs from February through October annually. Clean Sweep is a City of Stockton program. If you live outside of Stockton's city limits or in County pockets, please call the San Joaquin County Solid Waste Office at (209) 468-3066 for
details about current County programs. You may also view the County's web site using the External Link listed below.
Beginning in February 2014, Clean Sweep piles will be collected by appointment only. Residents must call their garbage company directly to schedule their once a year free Clean Sweep appointment.
- Allied Waste customers call 466-3604.
- Waste Management customers call 946-5711.
- If you are unsure which garbage company services your home, use the "About Your Address" feature to find your garbage company.
- E-waste (TVs, computer monitors, VCRs)
- Up to six (6) 30-gallon bags of household waste or green waste
- Tires - a maximum of five (5) without rims
- NO dirt, rock or concrete.
- Clean concrete may be accepted by San Joaquin County Channel Maintenance. To learn more, contact Channel Maintenance at 468-9698.
- NO loose, unbagged items
- NO bags over 40 pounds
- NO engines or engine parts
- NO car batteries
- NO hazardous waste (such as paint, motor oil, pesticides, pool chemicals, batteries, etc.).
- These materials can be properly disposed of at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at 7850 R. A. Bridgeford Street in Stockton. Call 468-3066 for more information on proper disposal. You may also view the County's web site using the External Link listed below
- NO medical waste
- Over the counter and prescription medicine, as well as, medical sharps (syringes, hypodermic needle and lancets) can be properly disposed of at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at 7850 R. A. Bridgeford Street in Stockton. Call 468-3066 for more information on proper disposal. You may also view the County's web site using the External Link listed below
- NO infectious waste
- NO liquids
Preparing items for pick-up
When you call your garbage company, they will provide detailed information on how to set out your pile. Here are a few guidelines to get you started.
- Put your discarded bulky items at the curb the evening before your pick up day.
- Items placed at curb cannot exceed 3 cubic yards.
- Do not place loose items at the curb. All items must be bagged or boxed.
- All bags or boxes must weigh 40 pounds or less when full and be strong enough to hold the items without breaking.
- Place items, at curbside, in the street in front of your residence and away from vehicles. Do not block traffic.
- Do not place your pile out until the night before collection. Placing material out before the approved time will result in Code Enforcement action for blocking the right-of-way and a possible fee for removal of the pile.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact your garbage company directly.
(209) 466-3604 (209) 946-5711
San Joaquin County Solid Waste Division - Waste collection services for Stockton residents living outside the city limits
San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility - San Joaquin County facility where you can properly dispose of household hazardous waste.
Allied Waste - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
Waste Management - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/6/2014