The Public Works Department Engineering Section oversees and manages the delivery of Public Works Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Engineering also sets priorities for CIP projects needed to develop the roadway and bridge crossing infrastructures as called for in the City of Stockton General Plan.
Projects can include street improvements, bridge crossings, new and reconstruction of interchanges along Interstate 5 and Highway 99. In addition, CIP projects can include other City Department infrastructure projects, such as, water, stormwater, sanitary, public safety, fire, and police facilities.
- Manages the planning, preliminary engineering, design, construction and closeout phases of the projects
- Manages the environmental clearance process
- Coordinates with other agencies and prepares and administers cooperative agreements
- Construction coordination, management, and inspection
- Applies for and administers grant funding
- Prepares and administers project agreements
- Prepare budget estimates for the 5-year CIP plan
City of Stockton Public Works Engineering Benchmark Book (133 pages)
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/21/2012