All applicants must be a Level 1 Reserve, or have completed the P.O.S.T. Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
Other requirements include:
- Complete the Application for Police Reserves.
- Must be 21 years of age on or before appointment date.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for, and has applied for, citizenship.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and have automobile insurance coverage.
- Must reside within 45 minutes of the Stockton Police Department.
- Must pass a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, background investigation, and medical examination.
Must successfully complete a P.O.S.T. Field Training Officer (FTO) Program.
Reserve Officer Duties
Upon completion of FTO training, Level 1 Reserve Police Officers will perform the same duties as regular Police Officers and have full Peace Officer Status while on duty.
For any further questions, you may contact the Police Reserves Commander.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 12/2/2013