Pay Parking Citation
There are three methods for paying a parking citation: in person, online through the internet and pay-by-phone.
If you wish to pay your citation in person, you may do so at the following locations:
- City of Stockton Administrative Services Finance Department, City Hall
- City of Stockton Main Police Department
Paying Citations Online or by Telephone
- You may pay your parking citation using on the online internet-based payment system. A link to the online system is provided under External Links below. Additional information about this method of payment is provided below.
- Payments can also be made by telephone by calling the following toll free number: 1-866-470-2936.
- An additional $3.00 fee applies to online or pay-by-phone payments.
What does the Parking Ticket Payment System allow me to do?
The Parking Ticket System allows you to pay for parking citations. Locate your citation number on the original ticket or on the Notice of Violation post card. Enter the citation number and then click on "Ticket Lookup." You do not need to enter zeroes before the citation number.
How do I look up my ticket without a citation number?
For the security of your personal information, this site will only perform searches on the ticket number. If you don't have your ticket number, you may call the Stockton Police Department - Traffic Section.
Why can't I find my citation in the system?
If you just received your citation, you will not be able to pay online until it is downloaded to the site. Citations usually are downloaded every 72 hours; in some cases it may take a little longer before it is available online.
If you cannot locate your citation online, please contact the Stockton Police Department's Traffic Section.
How does the Online Parking Ticket System work?
- Access the online Parkting Ticket System by clicking on the link provided under External Links below.
- Select the citation(s) to be paid by placing a check in the box next to the citation number.
- Click on "Pay Ticket(s)" and you will be asked for your credit card information.
- You will be asked to review the information to determine if it is correct.
- Complete the credit card information.
- Your credit card information will be validated, and the amount of the charge will be submitted.
- If the credit card information is valid and sufficient approval is received for the amount you are paying, your credit card company will issue an approval to the site.
- The payment will be immediately applied to the citation, and you will see the charge on your next credit card statement.
Print the online receipt for your records, or receive an E-mail receipt if you enter an E-mail address.
Please note: There is a $3.00 additional fee charged to your debit or credit card for using this system.
Credit Card Statement Information
The City of Stockton partners with the City of Inglewood to serve as our parking ticket processor. Please be aware that when you receive your credit card statement, the transaction for payment of your citation will appear as "City of Inglewood" but it is in fact for the City of Stockton.
If you have any questions concerning your payment, please call the Stockton Police Department Traffic Section.
Is the Online Parking Ticket System secure?
The Parking Ticket System uses 128-bit encryption, which is the highest level available. Encryption is the scrambling of information for transmission back and forth between two points. A key is required to decode the information. This is the same security used on all online internet-based payment applications. This site does not store any information about your credit card. Once an approval or rejection is received, the information is purged from the system.
What if I receive a message that the system is not available?
If you get this message, the system should be available within one to two hours. There are times when the site may not be available for processing online payments.
How do I contest my citation?
Currently, this site does not allow for contesting a citation online. This feature may be added in the future. You must contest your citation within the first 21 calendar days following the issuance by appearing in person at the Stockton Police Department Traffic Section at the Main Police Station. You may request a Review of Parking Citation Form be mailed to you by contacting the Traffic Section.
Be sure to include any supporting evidence such as pictures, statements from witnesses, receipts, or other documentation to assist in the review of your citation. If you are contesting a citation, there is no payment necessary until a final Notice of Decision has been made on your citation. If you have any questions, please contact the Stockton Police Department Traffic Section.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 2/18/2014