Structural Design Criteria
- Allowable Soil Bearing Pressure 1500 psf without a soils report. A soils report is required if either the site has poor soil or a bearing capacity higher than 1500 psf is desired.
- Soils Report required per CBC section 1803.1 (Commercial)
- Wind Exposure: C, unless site complies with definition for Exposure B.
- Speed: Basic Wind Speed, 3 second gust:
- Risk Category I - Speed 100 mph
- Risk Category II - Speed 110 mph
- Risk Category III - Speed 115 mph
- Seismic Design Category - as determined by site conditions.
Conventional Construction - CBC 2308
- Seismic Design Category
- Residential CRC - D
- Braced walls
- Residential CRC - 2308.9.3
Residential Additions - Soil Bearing Pressure
- East of I-5 - use 1500 psf for soil bearing per CBC table 1804.2
- West of I-5 - use 1000 psf for soil bearing
Other Design Criteria
- Energy Compliance - located in Climate Zone 12
- Rainfall design is based on 2 inches of rainfall per hour
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 4/29/2015