Significant Industrial Users (SIU) shall comply with the following requirements:
- Complete and submit a Wastewater Discharge Permit (Parts A & F) application or Special Application/Wastewater Discharge Permit (Parts A & B), if applicable. The application will be reviewed to assess pretreatment requirements for the industrial user.
- Install a monitoring maintenance-hole for use by City Environmental Compliance Officers.
- Install wastewater monitoring equipment on site. This requirement will be specific to each user, but most users install a wastewater flow meter with 24-hour circular recording chart, pH recording device with 24-hour circular recording chart, and refrigerated automatic wastewater sampler capable of collecting flow proportional samples.
- Install wastewater pretreatment equipment based on specific Federal and/or local requirements. Some industrial users will install equipment to remove solids, oil, grease, heavy metals; adjust pH; or address other general discharge prohibitions.
- Perform wastewater self-monitoring as require by the Wastewater Discharge Permit. Typical self-monitoring includes flow measurement, pH recording, sample collection, and analysis for pollutants such as BOD, TSS, and heavy metals.
- Provide self-monitoring reports to the Environmental Compliance division, as required by the Wastewater Discharge Permit.
- Allow unannounced site inspections for pretreatment purposes.
- Comply with specific discharge prohibitions as identified in the Stockton Municipal Code, Title 13 Public Services (see External Links below), including applicable categorical limits and local limits.
- Refer to Council Resolution 02-0671 for Procedures for Transfer of Excess Capacity.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Environmental Compliance Division.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/16/2012
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/27/2014