OFFICE OF VIOLENCE PREVENTION
The Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) works to significantly reduce gang and gun violence within the city of Stockton, using data-driven partnership programs and strategies.
OVP coordinates inter-agency working partnerships with community leaders including:
- Clergy, violence interventionists, public and community service providers, and
- other stakeholders committed to reducing violence.
Peacekeeper Video Series
Learn more about Peacekeepers and the work they do in this series of videos.
For any questions about OVP programs or future meetings, please contact Keiland Henderson, OVP Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Operation Ceasefire
- Partner-based violence reduction strategy using respectful, direct communication with highest risk youth and young adults.
- Based on the nationally recognized, evidence-based "Operation Ceasefire" strategy, that has produced multi-year, community-wide reductions in serious violence in cities across the country.
- Operation Peacekeeper
- Mentors youth and young adults with the highest risk of gang involvement, particularly serious gun-related violence, and provides positive alternatives for a healthier, non-violent lifestyle.
OVP Facebook Page
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/28/2021