COVID-19 Updates (Updated April 14, 2021 - 4:00 p.m.)
San Joaquin County moves to Red Tier 2, which is substantial, effective April 7, 2021.
- Equitable vaccine availability; and
- Consistently low burden of disease.
- State Blueprint for a Safer Economy - updated April 13, 2021
- Business & Sectors Activities Chart allowed under each Tier
- Gatherings, private events and indoor seated live events and performances allowed with restrictions effective April 15, 2021
- April 12, 2021, COVID-19 Weekly Update for State, San Joaquin County, and the City of Stockton (Printable PDF of graphic on the right.)
To remain in the Red Tier and move forward to less restrictive Tiers (Orange and Yellow), testing is essential.
Testing is being offered at a number of locations throughout San Joaquin County and by healthcare providers throughout San Joaquin County.
Kaiser Permanente Mass Vaccination site will open at the Stockton Arena on April 7 to Kaiser members and the public.
- Effective April 1, 2021 - Anybody 50+ is authorized as vaccines are available.
- Effective April 12, 2021 - Anybody 18+ is authorized as vaccines are available.
- Effective April 15, 2021 - Anybody 16+ is authorized as vaccines are available.
Everyone who is interested in receiving a vaccination should signup through the State of California website at My Turn - Vaccine Interest Sign-up form. You will be notified when you are eligible to receive a vaccination and be offered the opportunity to schedule a vaccination through the State's website.
The Centers for Disease Control has prepared information about what you can expect to do once you are fully vaccinated.
Note: State Guidance applies even if you have been fully vaccinated.
Outdoors only with modifications
Indoors with modifications
Controlling the Spread of COVID-19
To slow the spread of the virus, please continue to:
- Wear a face covering when in public;
- Wash your hands regularly - with soap and water;
- Covering coughs and sneezes (into elbow, not hands);
- Physically distancing, of at least 6 feet, from those who are not members of your household;
- Do not mix or gather with people outside of your household; and
- Get vaccinated!
City parks are available for passive use, which includes walking, biking, running, etc. Please follow current State requirements, including, masking and physical distancing.
- Playground Guidelines Flyer - English
- Playground Guidelines Flyer - Spanish
COVID Questions for the City of Stockton
State of California Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Regional Stay Home Order
San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services - SJReady.org
San Joaquin County Public Health
San Joaquin County Public Health Services - facebook.com/sjcphs
San Joaquin County Public Health Services - twitter.com/sjcphs
City of Stockton Facebook - facebook.com/cityofstockton
City of Stockton Twitter - twitter.com/stocktonupdates
Stockton Police Facebook - facebook.com/stocktonpolice
Stockton Police Twitter - twitter.com/StocktonPolice
Stockton Fire Facebook - facebook.com/Stockton-Fire-Department
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 4/14/2021