The City of Stockton participates in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Contributions to this plan are made by the City on behalf of each participating employee and by the employee. The City receives annual reports from CalPERS.
For additional information about CalPERS, a link to their web site is provided under External Links below.
Deferred Compensation 457 Plan
This supplemental retirement savings program, allows employees to make contributions on a pre-tax basis. Federal and state income taxes are deferred until assets are withdrawn.
Benefits of participating in this plan are listed below:
- Earnings accumulate tax-deferred
- Manage contributions as desired
- Portability - move account if needed
- Reduce income tax liability while saving for retirement
- Supplement retirement income in lieu of Social Security
- Wide range of investment options offered through Hartford Life and ICMA
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/13/2013