The City of Stockton offers employees an array of exceptional benefits. These benefits constitute a significant portion of our employees' compensation and benefits package. Health benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and their eligible dependents.
The City offers other ancillary benefits, such as long-term disability, life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Retirement benefits are through the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
Each May, the City provides employees with Open Enrollment information and forms.
Any changes take effect July 1st of that current year.
The City currently offers two (2) medical plan options:
- Self-insured medical plan to its employees and retirees for a premium contribution. The plan is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and uses the Anthem/Blue Cross of California PPO network of providers. Delta Health Systems is the City's Third Party Administrator for claims administration.
Kaiser high-deductible plan option.
Employees enrolled in either insurance plans can view their claims information and eligibility at the sites provided under External Links (at bottom of page.)
- Operating Engineers Local #3 (OE3) - Other benefit plans may be available to this bargaining unit only. For more information, please Contact Human Resources.
The City of Stockton offers a prescription plan through CVS Caremark.
The City offers employees and their eligible dependents a choice between two dental plans:
- Delta Dental Plan Premiere (Preferred Provider Organization):
This self-funded plan, administered by Delta Dental, pays 80% for most dental services (some procedures covered at 50%) up to the annual (calendar year) limit. The annual limit and benefits vary by bargaining unit. Benefits may include orthodontia coverage at 50%, up to a lifetime limit of $2,000.
- DeltaCare USA:
This is a DMO plan administered by Delta Dental. Covered procedures have pre-determined dollar co-payments for services provided by network dentists (this means out-of-pocket costs are predictable). Zero or low copayments for most diagnostic and preventive services and no annual deductible or annual dollar maximums.
The City offers two vision option benefits through Vision Service Plan (VSP):
1. Base Plan
- Deductible: $7.50 exam/lenses
- Exam: Every 12 months
- Frame Allowance: $100 every 2 years
- Contribution: None
2. Buy-up Plan - High Option
- Deductible: $10 exam/lenses
- Exam: Every 12 months
- Frame Allowance: $120 every year
Contribution: $3 EE/ $5 EE + 1/ $7 Family
- Active Employees Benefits Premium Rates (SCEA, B&C, O&M, T&M, Police Management, and MUD Supervisors)
- Active Employees Benefits Premium Rates (Fire, Fire Management, and Unrepresented)
- Active Employee Benefits Premium Rates (SPOA)
- Active Employee Benefits Premium Rates (OE3)
Employee Assistance Program
To assist employees and family members experiencing emotional or family problems, legal/financial difficulty, and/or struggling with substance abuse issues, the City offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Services include confidential assessments (up to three counseling sessions free of charge) and referral services for extended treatment.
- Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH)
Long Term Disability (LTD)
The City provides Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits to non-safety employees through Reliance Standard. After a 90-day waiting period, this benefit provides monthly income equal to 66-2/3% of the employee's base salary in the event the employee becomes disabled and unable to work (some limitations apply).
LTD benefits for safety employees, depending on the bargaining unit, may be provided through a statewide safety employee association or may be purchased by employees, on a voluntary basis, through the employee union/association. The City participates in the State Disability Insurance (SDI) program for SCEA bargaining unit only.
Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employees are also provided life insurance through MetLife. Amount of life insurance benefits is $50,000 for all employees. For some employee bargaining units, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit is available.
The City of Stockton offers IRS Section 125 plans Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, and other voluntary insurance products. These benefits (administered by American Fidelity Assurance Company) allow for pre-tax payroll deductions for:
- employee contributions toward health benefits,
- unreimbursed medical/dental expenses,
- dependent day care expenses, and
- certain voluntary insurance products.
Integrated Behavioral Health (Login: Stockton / Password: City411)
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/13/2015