Our Vision, Mission and Values
Fire Department Vision
Community Service with Excellence
Fire Department Mission
The Stockton Fire Department is committed to providing excellent emergency and non-emergency customer service. Our dedicated members insure a safe community through public education, prevention, and aggressive suppression and rescue activities.
Fire Department Values
- Integrity - We consistently do the right thing.
- Services - We provide service beyond our customer's expectations.
- Teamwork - We work together to achieve a common goal.
- Professionalism - We always conduct ourselves in a way that reflects a positive image for the City and for the Fire Service.
- Pride - We respect and honor the traditions of our organization, community and profession.
- Competency and Accountability - We continually strive to improve our knowledge, skills and abilities, and each of us takes responsibility for our actions.
- Importance of our Members - We value the wellness and safety of each individual.
- Compassion - We provide service in a way that our community knows "We Care".
About Stockton Fire
After 38 years of volunteer service, Stockton established a fully paid professional Fire Department in 1888. The Department is led by a Fire Chief, who reports to the City Manager. Presently, there are 181 sworn personnel working for the department, which are supported by 24 civilian employees.
Since 1976, the Stockton Fire Department (SFD) has provided fire protection and emergency medical services to the Lincoln Fire District and the Eastside and Tuxedo-Country Club Fire Districts in 1984. In 1992, the City agreed to also provide contractual service to the Boggs Tract Fire Protection District. All four districts have boundaries that are contiguous to the City of Stockton. This then brings the total population served to over 336,000 people and 91.9 square miles of area protected.
For valuable American Heart Association Hands Only CPR lifesaving information and instruction, please visit the External Links below.
2013 Safe and Sane Fireworks Lottery
The 2013 Safe and Sane Fireworks Lottery application period has officially concluded as of 5:00 pm Thursday, March 21. Lottery results and booth location information will be posted mid May. The fireworks calendar and ordinance information is available on the Fire Prevention Division page.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/13/2013