Economic Development Division
The City of Stockton's Economic Development Department attracts new businesses to our city and assists businesses to be successful. Our professional easy-to-work-with staff, offers concierge service to our local business community and businesses looking to locate in, or find out more, about Stockton.
Key services provided include:
Economic Review Committee (ERC)
The Economic Review Committee (ERC) is a voluntary, free service available to project developers and business owners throughout the City of Stockton. Representatives from permitting departments meet with developers and business owners to provide feedback on preliminary site plans and provide information about requirements the project may have prior to applying for a building permit.
If you are interested in scheduling an ERC meeting, please contact the Economic Development Department.
- Central Location and Unmatched Transportation System - Stockton is strategically positioned in the heart of California in the Central Valley and close to the San Francisco Bay Area. Stockton has an extensive transportation network, including two major freeways (Interstate 5 and Highway 99), an extensive network of railways, and incredible inland seaport, and an easily accessed airport. Stockton is positioned for quick and cost-effective distribution to major west coast, Pacific Rim and global markets.
- Quality of Life - Stockton's diverse culture offers a unique blend of lifestyle opportunities; affordable, quality housing; abundant recreation; a multitude of cultural events; and exceptional educational facilities.
- Qualified, Productive Work Force - Stockton is a rich, diverse community consisting of a large skilled and semi-skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure.
- Available and Affordable Land - Land and existing buildings are available at very competitive prices in many areas of Stockton and revitalized Brownfield sites are available in and near downtown. To locate available property within Stockton, visit Advantage Stockton.
- One-Stop Permit Center - City of Stockton's Permit Center was created to streamline the development process by locating all the departments needed to obtain permits in one building. The Building and Planning Divisions, Public Works and Municipal Utilities Departments, all have representatives available at the Permit Center to assist the public.
Economic Development Newsletters
The Economic Development Department publishes monthly and quarterly newsletters.
2014 Monthly Newsletters
2013 Monthly Newsletters
2013 Quarterly Newsletters
To receive future issues via email, please register below.
REGISTER to receive future issues of the Economic Development Department's Newsletter via email
Waterway - San Joaquin / Sacramento Delta
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/6/2014