Economic Development Division
The Economic Development Department attracts new businesses to the city and assists in business success. Our professional, easy-to-work-with staff offers concierge service to local businesses and companies looking to locate to Stockton.
Key services include:
The Economic Review Committee (ERC) is a voluntary free service available to project developers and business owners throughout Stockton.
Permitting department representatives meet with developers and business owners to provide feedback on preliminary site plans and provide project requirements prior to applying for a building permit.
Interested in scheduling an ERC meeting?
Please contact the Economic Development Department.
- Central Location – Take advantage of Stockton's strategic location... in the heart of California's Central Valley and close to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Unmatched Transportation System – Stockton provides quick, cost-effective distribution to major West Coast, Pacific Rim, and global markets. Experience an extensive transportation network that includes: two major freeways (Interstate 5 and Highway 99), major network of railways, an incredible inland seaport, and an accessible airport.
- Quality of Life – Enjoy Stockton's diverse culture with its unique blend of lifestyle opportunities, affordable and quality housing, abundant recreation, abundant cultural events, and exceptional educational facilities.
- Qualified, Productive Work Force – Work with Stockton's rich, diverse community of a large skilled and semi-skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure.
- Available and Affordable Land – Explore the competitive building prices in many areas of Stockton and revitalized Brownfield sites, in and near downtown. To locate available property within Stockton, visit Advantage Stockton.
- One-Stop Permit Center – Use Stockton's Permit Center to streamline the development process with all your permit needs in one building. The Building and Planning Divisions, Public Works, and Municipal Utilities Departments have representatives available at the Permit Center, ready to assist.
Economic Development Newsletters
Explore our monthly and quarterly newsletters, highlighting business successes in Stockton.
2015 Monthly Newsletters
2014 Monthly Newsletters
2015 Quarterly Newsletters
2014 Quarterly Newsletters
Signup for the Economic Development Department's e-Newsletter
Waterway: San Joaquin / Sacramento Delta
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/13/2015