Park & Picnic Rentals
The City of Stockton offers several parks and picnic areas that may be reserved by the public on a first reserved basis. Reservations must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance
- Tents: Tents under 200 sq. ft. and canopies under 400 sq. ft. are allowed (typically 10 x 10 pop-up tents). Tents and canopies exceeding this square footage must obtain a tent permit issued by the Fire Department. Applications are available through the Stockton Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division.
- Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages are allowed except beer, which is only allowed in designated picnic areas.
- Containers: No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the park.
- Licensing: A food/beverage license is required to sell food to the public.
- Special Event Permits: Pony rides, large tents, and similar items require a Special Event Permit Application, as does amplified music. Additional fees may apply for these types of activities and items.
Special Event Permit Requirements
If you are planning a Special Event at our park/picnic site, a Special Event Permit Application is required.
Definition of Special Event: An organized activity that is conducted at any City park, building, street, or other facilities (on private or public property) where the public is invited or admitted for a common purpose and any one or more of the following factors exist:
- A fee is charged or money collected
- Alcohol and/or food will be sold
- City facility will be closed to general use by the public or use by the general public will be denied in part or in whole
- The location used beyond its normal capacity or typical range of uses
- Activity on a street or other public place is impacted in a manner that disrupts the normal or usual traffic patterns, regulations, or controls
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/5/2023