Pixie Woods park will reopen for the 2013 Spring season on Saturday, May 4, 2013. Stockton's own fairyland for the "young in age and the young at heart," Pixie Woods, is located at 3121 Monte Diablo Avenue.
Ride the Pixie Express Train down the tracks past Frontier Town. Take an excursion down the lagoon on the Pixie Queen paddle-wheel boat, or, take an exciting ride on a vintage carousel. The Pixie Woods map provides information about attractions in the park.
Pixie Woods began as a dream, and became a reality in 1954 through the generosity of many local businesses, organizations and individuals. Over one million visitors from all 50 states and many other countries have journeyed through its rainbow gates. Pixie Woods was created and is sustained by generous community donations.
Pixie Wood Annual Wine Tasting Fundraiser
The Pixie Woods Board of Directors will hold the 27th Annual Summer Sunset Pixie Woods Wine Tasting at Pixie Woods, Friday, June 21, 2013, 5p - 8p.
Tickets are $40.00 dollars each and include wine, hors d'oeuvres and a commemorative wine glass. Tickets are available at Fine Wines, Lincoln Center; Wine Wizard's, 222 Grand Canal Blvd; or by calling Yvonne Sampson, Wine Tasting Chair.
For additional information, please see the event poster and Board News Release below:
- 2013 Pixie Woods Wine Tasting Fundraiser poster
- 2013 Pixie Woods Wine Tasting Board of Directors News Release
Hours of Operation
- June 1 - July 31, 2013
- Thursday through Sunday
- 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 21, 2013, Pixie Woods Wine Tasting
- The park will be closed.
- Open on Independence Day, Thursday, July 4, 2013
- August 1 - September 29, 2013
- Saturday through Sunday and holidays
- 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Open on Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2013
Pixie Woods Membership
Season family membership to Pixie Woods park entitles the family to unlimited free admission and ride discounts.
Admission and Rides
Train, Boat & Carousel
- Ages 2 and over $4.00 dollars
- (1) ride ticket $2.00 dollars
- (3) ride package $5.00 dollars
- Unlimited daily ride pass $8.00 dollars
Pixie Woods Birthday Party Room Rental
- The rental is available for a 2 hour reservation.
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- There is a $50.00 dollar reservation fee.
- 24-person seating capacity.
- Admission, rides and food are sold separately.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed; only cake or cupcakes.
- Birthday Party Room Rental Brochure
- The Pixie Woods Yum Yum House concession stand provides food packages. For the menu and prices, please contact the Yum Yum House concessionaire.
Pixie Woods School Field Trips
Scheduled field trips are approximately 1.5 hours starting at 9:30 a.m. Field trips are available by advanced reservation on Fridays, beginning May 4 and beginning in June on Thursdays and Fridays. The concession stand will be open only for those field trips pre-ordering lunches. For reservations, please visit the Community Services Department Administration Office.
Pixie Woods Board
The volunteer advisory board assists with fundraising and improvements to the park. If you are interested in joining the Pixie Woods Board, please contact the Program Coordinator.
Executive Board Members
Judith "Jay" Holmes
R.J. Alford, Pat Rice, Flora Anderiasian, Jeff Ryan, Joshua Bossuat, Peg Sadek
- Anthony Ippolito, Yvonne Sampson, Gunter Konold, Ernie Shropshire, Michael Lothrop
- Gae Stewart, Jennifer Meraz, William "Bill" Stoemer, Carol Konold Murray, Daryl Verkerk
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/13/2013