Planning & Engineering Division
The Planning and Engineering Services Division is responsible for the administration of the General Plan by use of the following:
- Administration of the City's Annexation Program and Special Studies, as deemed appropriate
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Development Code
- Municipal Codes
- Subdivision Map Act
The Planning and Engineering Division also supports the Planning Commission and City Council on all planning related matters, as well as the Cultural Heritage Board for matters related to historical resources and districts.
Planning Services is responsible for land-use conformity activities as they relate to the General Plan and Development Code. These activities include:
- large and small development projects which range from a 1,000-plus-unit planned development to a use permit for alcohol sales in an existing restaurant, and
- the maintenance of the General Plan and Development Code.
Engineering Services is responsible for reviewing and approving development-related public improvements and subdivision maps. These activities include:
- review and approval of street improvement plans, from small private development projects to major subdivisions,
- final subdivision map process, and
- lot line adjustment / merger process.
The Transportation and Permitting area is responsible for permitting projects / improvements in City streets and sidewalks as well as transportation planning and access management. Along with the City's transportation planning, these activities include:
- reviewing and issuing encroachment permits and transportation permits,
- as well as approval of street access locations and designs.
Need a Permit Application or Inspection?
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 2/3/2015