Effective January 1, 2014, the City of Stockton Building Division is requiring all new plan review and permit applications to comply with the 2013 California Building Standards Codes. This includes the Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, Fire, and the New Green Building Code.
Projects are reviewed for compliance with the following construction codes:
- Stockton Municipal Code, Title 15 located under External links.
- California State Building Codes: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire
- 2013 California Building Code -as amended per Title 15 of the Stockton Municipal Code
- 2013 California Existing Building Code
- 2013 California Mechanical Code
- 2013 California Plumbing Code
- 2013 California Electrical Code - as amended per Stockton Municipal Code
- 2013 California Fire Code - as amended per Stockton Municipal Code
- 2013 California Energy Code
- 2013 California Green Build Code - as amended per Stockton Municipal Code Title 15
California Building Codes are available for viewing online at the California Building Standard Commission website located under External Links below.
The most recent adopted editions of the Model Codes are available for review at the Cesar Chavez Central Library.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/31/2014