The City Clerk serves as the Elections Official for the City of Stockton, consolidating elections with San Joaquin County to reduce the cost of conducting an election. The City Clerk manages the nominations for Council office, and performs prima facie review of any petitions that are filed with the City.
There is still time to register to vote in the June 3, 2014, election. The deadline to register is May 19, 2014. To register, please visit the San Joaquin Registrar of Voters. A link to the web site is provided under External Links below.
Additional duties related to elections include:
- Adjusting Council District Boundaries
- Preparation of the Council Candidate Handbook
- Receiving and processing Campaign Statements
- Receiving and processing Statements of Economic Interest filed by Councilmembers, Boards & Commissions, and Designated Employees.
- Monitoring the filings and initiates amendments or updates to the City's Conflict of Interest Code
- Promoting voter registration and participation
If you are considering running for office, please refer to Manual 2 from the FPPC website listed under External Links below, and the Stockton City Charter articles 6 & 7 for regulations and requirements.
FPPC - Fair Political Practices Commission - Manuals and forms to assist candidates, officials, and committees in meeting reporting obligations
California Secretary of State - Election results for nationwide and statewide elections
San Joaquin County Registrar of Voters - Voter registration and results for local elections
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 2/12/2014