Account Opening

Utility Account Opening Information

  • Utility Accounts for addresses in the City of Stockton water service area are established only for property owners or their legal tenants.
  • An application for service will be required for each address.
  • Applicants will be asked to provide information such as personal identification information, telephone numbers, employment information, and previous addresses for each adult resident of the property.
  • Proof of ownership or a copy of a valid rental/lease agreement must be provided.
  • Any outstanding charges owed to the City of Stockton by any adult resident of the premises plus any required fees, charges, and deposits, must be paid before an application can be approved.
  • Customers can fill out an application here and follow the instructions provided for submission. Additionally, applications are accepted via telephone at Utility Billing Customer Service or in person at our office during regular business hours. Required documents can be faxed to Utility Billing Customer Service.
  • Services will be provided on the next business day following approval of the completed application.
  • Property Owners/Managers who wish create a standing request to automatically activate utility services in the owner's name when a tenant requests to have services discontinued may do so by visiting our Landlord Service Agreement page and completing/submitting our Landlord Service Agreement Form.


Owner Cerfification of Tenant Move Out

The Certification of Tenant Move Out form will only need to be completed at the request of a Utility Billing Customer Service Representative or Collector.  If you are unsure whether this form will be required or if you need further clarification, please contact one of our customer service representatives using one of the methods provided on our Contact Us web page.  Further follow-up may be required prior to activation of serices. 



External Links

California Water Company 

This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/2/2014